Friday, June 19, 2009

Gilmore Girls

Lately I've been unnaturally obsessed with Gilmore Girls. One of my roommates moved in and had all 7 seasons. I have loved this show for a long time and even asked for it for Christmas and birthday gifts, but never received it, now I know why. Needless to say, I was thrilled. It started as something to do when I got home from school or work just to sit and relax for 43 minutes, but has turned into a bizarre complex that requires me to watch at least one episode a day. There are 6 discs per season with 4 episodes on each disc. Considering there are 7 seasons, that makes 153 episodes! (Not including the bonus material). At this point, I just want to finish! I stay up late going through "just one more" and now my brain is starting to function differently. I think quicker and random movie and literary quotes become more applicable in social situations. Just the other day I quoted The Paper Bag Princess, a favorite childhood story book, and Two Weeks Notice, one of my favorite movies, in 5 minutes! My friend Jovy has encouraged my newfound hobby and she gets my witty commentary, but I think it's pretty limited to just us. I have no idea what shows are on anymore and movies take too long, so it really is a great solution, but I'm ready to be done. I want to know what happens and how everything turns out, but of course I want to know how it happens, which puts me in quite a predicament. I love surprises, so if you know how it ends please don't tell me, but I just started season 6 so it can't last too much longer, right? Once I'm done, I don't think I'll ever watch it again. I love it, but once I'm done, I'm done. Hopefully the next 39 episodes won't interfere too much with normal life functioning . . .

3 comments:

  1. If you aren't the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I'm done, I'm done??
    NO WAY!! That show is the best thing that ever happened to me!! Haha. Ok so maybe that is a total lie, but in all reality, it is the best show to be addicted to!!! I am in love and have watched it probably 10 times through (or more) and still do... haha!

    As you can see, I'm totally obsessed!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Andrea! I still watch it whenever I see it, but watching it all the way through chronologically was quite an achievement. I'm so easily sucked in! And the thing is, you can't just "watch 5 minutes", you have to finish the whole thing and then hope there's not a marathon on whatever channel you're watching it on or you have just shot your entire day in the foot! I totally understand and I still love it. I'm glad you're obsessed too! :)

    ReplyDelete