Monday, June 14, 2010

NSNA Convention 2010 - Florida!!

So, every year there is the National Student Nurses' Association Annual Convention, and this year it was in Orlando, Florida! It was so much fun and was so nice to get out of the yucky gray weather and into some sunshine! This year I ran for an office - Director (West) - and won!! It was a lot of hard work and I'm so so so excited, it's going to be a great year! On the way to Florida, we had a layover in Phoenix, where the plane broke and we had to wait for 4 hours in the airport. Because of the delay, they gave us $10 food vouchers, which I used at Starbucks to buy gum, don't you think this gum looks like either mints or medicine though? Oh, and when you bite into it there is liquid in the middle, it's definitely a unique kind of gum, it works though!

This is right after the keynote speaker in the Opening Ceremony, which most of us either fell asleep in or whispered to our neighbor. This is Day 1 of the convention and I was SO excited, no campaigning yet, but much anticipation!!! (Pictured left to right: Sondra, Melina, Me, Amy, Whitney, Jim)

One of the Plenary Sessions


In Disney World!!! Soarin' Over California, always a favorite, with all the girls!



Me, Amy, and Rachel doing our best to pay attention during the House of Delegates.

My poster and I at campaign headquarters. It took forever to make and I am so proud of it. Oh, and you can't really tell, but everything on the board that is in color is glitter paper. I know, awesome.


The whole crew after receiving the Outstanding Chapter Award at the closing ceremonies!


Disney World!!!


Epcott-and the building I never went in, I was just so busy!

Riding all the rides late at night! SO FUN!!!


Dinner on the last night! Such a great week!!

Playing in the gift shop after the space ride, I don't remember what it was called, but it made you feel like you were really in a rocket shooting into space and your face would be pushed back and you couldn't talk and it was hilarious. Try picking up your arms in this ride-not possible.


This is when I was nominated and my name is on the screen!! No turning back now!

The Orlando Temple

Last trip to Disney World, what a week!

So, Amy and I had to go to the restroom during one of the meetings. After we discretely snuck out, we headed down the hall. We thought the sign said "Women", which as you can see it does, but when we walked in, it wasn't equipped for women! We quickly ran out and double checked the sign and noticed that it was a temporary "Women's" restroom sign! A little alarming!

Rachel and I after one of the plenary sessions, we were good at keeping each other awake.

Me and Melina, always laughing! Thanks for all your help!!! My trusty partner at the past 2 National Conventions - and our resolution passed this year! Hooray!!!

1 comment: