Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Night shift

I have a night shift tonight. I hate nights. Half of the lights are turned off so it's dim enough that you could fall asleep anywhere. You have to wake people up and ask them orientation questions at 4:00 in the morning-I'm not oriented at 4:00 in the morning so I'm not sure how these people answer questions. Sometimes I just feel like a zombie wandering around, but if you keep walking you can usually stay awake. I hate that feeling of "it's 2:30 in the morning and my brain is turning off and there is nothing I can do about it." I think driving home after a night shift shouldn't be allowed. They should have a nursing nap room. However, I do quite love the feeling of "I've just worked 12 hours and it's only 7:00 in the morning". Oh nights. I have two.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you! And nights are the worst! I used to eat dry cereal on the way home and drink cold water with the music really loud. Sometimes I would get home and I couldn't remember driving. It's a really scary feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyyyyyy Erin. Keep blogging. It helps me not miss you down here! :)

    ReplyDelete