Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Little Things Lately

My goodness! I haven't posted in forever! And for good reason. I finished school at the end of December (with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and a minor in Art History and Curatorial Studies, yay!!! And yes, it's my blog so I kinda felt like tooting my horn, I'm done now) and getting everything finished up for the semester always takes quite a bit of time. My family also went to Disneyland the week before Christmas (a little rainy but a ton of fun), which kept me away. Then there were the holidays (always great) and this month I've been starting my new job and studying for the NCLEX! (Yes, I know it sounds like a disease, but it stands for the National Council Licensure Exam) and every time I think about blogging I think "No, I should wait, I could use that time to study." I don't really like studying for it, but soon (hopefully next week) I will be able to take the biggest test of my mortal life, pass, and be a real nurse!! In the mean time, I get to "observe" at the hospital. What does this mean you ask? It means no touching patients, doing nursing things, or even charting. Charting is probably the most boring activity known to mankind, and I can't even chart. Oh well, as soon as I'm licensed my poor patients will be fully cared for by yours truly!

Some thoughts lately . . .
1. I'm not a student! What kinds of things do people with real lives and no homework do? It seems like there is a lot of free time, or time that I get to decide what I want to do with it, and I'm just not quite sure how to handle it.
2. I no longer have an excuse to avoid the gym. I used to love the gym. It was a priority, it came before basically everything except sleep. Now I'm not loving it so much and because I'm a little more free with the new schedule, my lack of gym attendance excuses aren't working so well.
3. I think every married girl I know is pregnant. Seriously. It's so fun to read everyone's blogs and hear about babies and all the new exciting things that are happening in their lives and I love it, but I'm pretty sure I don't know a married girl who isn't pregnant or who hasn't had a baby in the last 2 months. Pretty cool!
4. I would really like to travel. Somewhere warm and balmy where I can get a tan. Hawaii? Greece? Anything is fine with me really.
5. Work takes a lot of time! Having a scheduled time on and off is SO great, but 12 hour shifts kinda make days pass by without being connected with the world. I love my new scrubs, the little shoe things I got so that my feet won't hurt, clocking in and out is kinda cool, and soon my name badge will say "RN, BS".

Well, that's about it for now, but I'll keep you posted, wish me luck!

P.S. It's Cezanne's 172nd birthday! (Thank you google!)

4 comments:

  1. Well all I can say is I am married, you know me and I do not have a child or one on the way! :) Just so you know! How are you? I haven't talked to you in ages! Good luck with your test! you will do great I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, you should travel. To the Caribbean. To visit us. We will be living there in four months. Also- I feel like a slacker after reading this because I have hardly studied at all for NCLEX. Guess I should get going on that. :) When are you taking it? Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! You're done! Wooo! Go party... I think you should go on a Mediterranean cruise. That's what I would do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of my little nursey Erin!!! I also will let you have my child when ever you want...that is, after he comes out...in 25 days!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete