Monday, February 15, 2010

The Bachelor


The Bachelor. A completely ridiculous show. I have always rolled my eyes when my friends have admitted their obsession out loud and thought "what a waste of time" and "how embarrassing, I would never say that out loud if I was obsessed with something like that". I mean seriously, even the commercials look stupid. One guy and like 25 women that he whittles down to 1 within what, two weeks? And there are women throwing themselves at him, saying the most absurd things, like "I've never felt this way about someone" while choking back tears after a group date with 8 other girls. And they make the dumbest comments, I don't think people that are really in love say things like this, but hey, what do I know? I have now become one of these idiots that waits for Monday nights at 7:00. I still think the premise of the show is ridiculous, it's like half polygamy and when I watch Jake say the same thing to at least three women, I can't help but think it's partly a lie. How can you say you've fallen in love with three women? When you're in love, doesn't that mean there is ONE person you can't stop thinking about, want to spend time with, can't imagine yourself with anyone else? I don't know about this and if these girls really feel for this guy, which I'm sure they could, then I think it's not fair for him to tell them all the same things. In the end he will be with someone, but these girls getting sent home are going to go home possibly squashed. I don't know, I'm not sure how this even started, but yes, I am now a regular watcher of the Bachelor. Yes, I love Tenley and hope she wins. They are the most similar and she has the most depth to her. They even look like a match. And yes, if Vienna stays, well, lets just say Jake is in for a lifetime of dealing with a not-so-classy girl from the ozarks who will not fit in his life and has no substance. I know that's a very judgmental thing to say, but I mean seriously, that girl has issues. I'm ok if Gia wins, she is so sweet and I like her too, just not Vienna. And Ali could have had a definite chance, but she went back to work-bad choice. Go team Tenley!

3 comments:

  1. You are sooooo funny Erin! I love your blog and didn't know you had one until now!! Me and Tony are out-of-the-closet fans of The Bachelor too. We both love Tenley and hate Vienna. He's an idiot if he chooses her:) Ps, it's a big step to admit your a Bachelor fan on your blog. I'm proud of you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad we can be bachelor idiots together =) i wonder what our classmates think of us when we talk about it?...

    ReplyDelete