Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fuzzy Faces

The disadvantages to not wearing contacts . . . I have contacts but they don't change my vision all that much. If I'm watching a TV from far away I squint a little, in class I sit near the front (partly because I'm such a great student and partly because the notes get blurry if I sit far away), and I frequently think I see someone I know and say hi to a complete stranger because it wasn't really my friend that I was greeting. Ok so maybe they are really helpful but they get dry, you have to remember to put them in and take them out, and if you forget to put them in and already have make up on you can kiss your mascara goodbye! I look super dorky in glasses so I've been trying to be better about actually wearing my contacts (see mom! I'm trying!) and I make an effort to actually remember them. Side note: I passed the driver's license test without them so really I'm just fine, it's just a little tweaking. However, I realized this morning that there is a common event in my life that happens a lot and it's quite embarrassing! I will be in the library or somewhere where there are boys (not nursing class) and I will think "oh, that boy is cute", but because he is so far away and because I can't really see, it's quite a jump considering I don't really know what his face looks like. Then he starts walking closer so I look at him so I can actually see his face as it comes into focus. This is part of my thought process . . . "oh look, he's walking closer, I wonder if he really is cute . . . ok not bad . . oh wait! Look away! Don't let him catch you staring at him for prolonged periods of time! He thinks it's because you think he's all that and a bag of chips and really it's only because he was fuzzy! Look busy! Talk to someone! Who do I know?!" as I fumble around in my backpack, put in my headphones, or get a drink. This may or may not have happened today. Super embarrassing. Moral of the story? Wear contacts. On that note, wear contacts, wear sunscreen, floss, turn the lights off, and shave your legs - all things that will greatly improve your happiness, well-being, and life span. This is kinda what it's like . . .

2 comments:

  1. Haha! You never wear your contacts! I remember when they used that same picture in N294.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha i saw you looking up pictures in class and i was wondering what on earth you were doing!

    ReplyDelete