Thursday, October 28, 2010

One of those days


One of my favorite childhood books is "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". It's a good story if you're ever in the children's book section of the library. My day hasn't hit that mark yet, but it's definitely been "one of those days". We all have them, they don't kill us, but they're not always the best either. Oh well! This has been my day so far . . . I had the best intentions of waking up early and going to the gym (even though I have averaged 5 hours of sleep every night, I totally thought I was super woman, I often think I'm super woman, it doesn't usually turn out so well) ANYWAYS, I didn't. Instead, I did the "snooze" thing (which I hate, you're just awake the whole time wishing you could be asleep), and ended up waking up late. Not a good start. Due to the late wake up, I didn't get to wash my hair, again, and ended up wearing a semi-lame outfit - no comments if you see me. I also had the choice of doing my make up or eating breakfast. I chose breakfast. Needless to say, by 8:00 a.m. I was quite flustered already. I was on time for class, but I didn't look too great, my hair was grody, and I had to do my make up in my car. Then I got to class and realized I hadn't forgotten to finish not one, not two, but three assignments! I had a paper due, which was already written but I had forgotten to print it off, I had a dumb reflective writing assignment that I semi-spaced but wrote very quickly before class started, and then for bridging we usually watch movies and discuss a particular principle (ex: leadership, delegation, accountability, etc. - most fabulous class ever) and I forgot my movie! No need to worry though, we didn't have time and I am presenting another time! Then we went to a lecture in the Mazer building and on the way out we were walking down a spiral stair case (4 flights of stairs from top to bottom) and my water bottle somehow flew out of my backpack and through the middle of the spiral, and managed not to impale anyone on the way down! The water bottle has even lived to tell the tale. (Not to mention I didn't even notice it took flight, some girl behind me had to tap me on the shoulder and tell me! Ha!) Major dork moment. My friend, Rose, and I came back and were eating lunch and I realized I forgot the chicken for my chicken tacos. I had corn tortillas with salsa, corn and black beans and learned I don't want to be a vegetarian. Then I spilled the salsa from my lame tacos on my jeans. To recap: I have dark circles under my eyes, look slightly homeless, have uneven mascara due to the fabulous lighting in my car, made myself look dumb in front of too many people, am low on protein, and smell like a Mexican restaurant. I'm not mad, everything is fine, it's just been one of those days.

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry, be happy! We've all been there, some more than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's genetic! Not to worry, you will become very graceful at being embarrassed over grody hair, dorky moments, and semi-lame outfits! Ask me, I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. oh Erin! i love you. you are beautiful (even without makeup). It will all be DONE SOON!!!! I love that you are a homeless, mexican smelling person. Classic.

    ReplyDelete