Monday, July 19, 2010

iWin

I'm being good.

Goal: No sugar for 12 weeks. So far, week 5 = perfectly sugar-free. I know, amazing. (Especially considering we have celebrated Father's Day, my mom's birthday - happy 29th!, the 4th of July, and other sugar-inviting occasions, I'm impressed - if I do say so myself.)

Problem: Need to make cookies for various reasons (one of which includes making cookies for my boss who gave me a weekend off when I, along with everyone else, asked for it off and I was definitely the last person to ask - oops! Thanks Chad!)

Tonight I made these.


Cookies. Perfect chocolate chip cookies. They were moist, chewy, smelled amazing, baked flawlessly, and everyone who tried them loved them. I was not one of those who tried one . . . or two or three . . . I tried none. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Did I miss them? Yes. Do I know that I can make them some other time and they will be just as great? Yes. However, this was not an easy feat. I have come off conqueror, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Well, for tonight at least.


I'm good.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds hard! Way to stick to your guns and goals :)

    ReplyDelete